There are a number of variations of the Scout Promise to reflect the range of faiths, beliefs and attitudes, and nationalities, in the UK within Scouting.
THE SCOUT LAW
1. A Scout is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is loyal.
3. A Scout is friendly and considerate.
4. A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
5. A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
6. A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
7. A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
THE SCOUT MOTTO